Here are some amazing beauty uses of this sweet-smelling natural product.
Cleansing should be a part of everybody’s beauty regime. Wash your face with a mild face wash. Take one tablespoon of rose water in a small bowl and add few drops of glycerine to it. Apply this mixture on your face and then wash it off. This cleanser can be used on all skin types. You can also use it to wipe off makeup or product residue from your face. It will nourish your skin deeply.
Mix one tablespoon of lemon juice with one tablespoon of rose water. Apply this mixture on acne-affected skin, and let it stay for about half an hour. Wash your face with fresh water.
Rose water has anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce the redness of irritated skin.
Commercial toners are packed with chemicals and alcohol content, and regular use of these products strips your skin of its natural oils and moisture. Rose water is a gentle and natural alternative to chemical-laden toners.
Using a soft cotton ball, apply chilled rose water on cleansed skin. Rose water has mild astringent properties that will help tighten your pores.
After shampooing your hair as usual, use a cup of rose water as a final rinse on your hair. Rose water will deeply condition your hair, and add a healthy shine to it. Rose water has an amazing fragrance that will linger on your tresses all day long.
Dip a cotton ball in rose water and apply it on tired, inflamed eyes. It will help reduce puffiness under the eyes, and get rid of redness.
Rose water is a great addition to homemade body treatments. Mix rose water with almond oil, or mix it into your regular body cream. You can also add it to body scrubs or directly into bath water. A rose-scented bath at the end of a tiring day is the best antidote to stress.
1. Rosewater helps maintain the skin’s pH balance, and also controls excess oil.2. “Rose water has anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce the redness of irritated skin, get rid of acne, dermatitis and eczema. It is a great cleanser and aids in removing oil and dirt accumulated in clogged pores”.
3. Rose water helps hydrate, revitalise and moisturise the skin giving it with that refreshed look.
4. Due to its antibacterial properties, rose water also aids in healing scars, cuts and wounds.
5. The antioxidant properties of rose water help to strengthen skin cells and regenerate skin tissues.
6. Due to the astringent like properties it possesses, rose water helps clean pores and tone the skin. Applying rose water after steaming tightens capillaries, reduces redness and blotchiness.
7. The aroma of roses is said to be a powerful mood enhancer. It rids you of feelings of anxiety and promotes emotional well-being, thereby making you feel more relaxed.
8. The nourishing and moisturising properties of rose water enhance the quality of hair. It is known to treat mild scalp inflammations and get rid of dandruff . Rosewater works wonders as a natural conditioner and revitalise hair growth.
9. The scent of rose water on your pillow also helps you sleep better after a long day, making you wake up refreshed.
10. It also helps aging skin, keeping fine lines and wrinkles at bay.
The best and easiest way to use rose water maybe to apply it at night, to clear all impurities the face has collected through the day; but we’ve listed other surprising uses which are so quick and easy, you’ll be shocked.
1. Spritz Away! “A great way to use rosewater is by spritzing it on your face. Rosewater can also be sprayed over makeup to work as a makeup setting product, the mist will leave your face radiant”, suggests Delhi-based makeup artist, Mrignaina Kumar. Fill an empty spray bottle with rosewater and spritz once you’re done with your morning beauty routine to keep your face fresh and hydrated.
3. Facial Cleanser: Rose water can be used a cleanser on all skin types. After washing your face with a mild face wash, all you have to do is add a few drops of glycerine to 1 tbsp rose water and apply it on your face.
4. No More Tired Eyes: If you have tired, inflamed eyes – soak a cotton pad in chilled rose water and apply. It helps reduce puffiness under the eyes and get rid of redness.
5. Hair Conditioner: Post shampooing, use a cup of rose water as a final rinse. It helps condition the hair deeply, adding a healthy shine you’ll just love.
9. Fair and Lovely: Add 2 tbsp gram flour and mix it with rose water plus lemon juice to make a smooth paste. Apply for 15 minutes to get rid of tanning.
10. Pamper Yourself: Mix rose water with almond oil or regular cream and moisturise your body. “For some extra indulgence, draw yourself a rose-scented bath. It’s considered the best antidote to stress”, recommends Dr. Deepali Bhardwaj, Skincare Expert.